User talk:Harvey Heinz
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- To sign your posts (on talk pages, for example) use the '~' symbol. To insert just your name, type ~~~ (3 tildes), or, to insert your name and timestamp, use ~~~~ (4 tildes).
- Try the Tutorial, and feel free to experiment in the test area.
- If you need help, post a question at the Help Desk
- Eventually, you might want to read the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines.
- Remember Wikipedia:Neutral point of view
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Hello — you're still not signing your posts (see above); I had to go into the page History to find how to contact you. There's a link (above) to information as to how to assign your old edits to your new User name. I've never done it myself, so i don't know hoe easy it is I'm afraid.Mel Etitis (Μελ Ετητης) 20:59, 23 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Dear Mr. Harvey! I am happy to find you at Wikipedia. Please feel free to contact me on any technical issue. I was not much involved in magic sqaures, cubes etc. during the last months but would like to work on these topics both at en.wikipedia and in other languages. Best regards Gangleri | Th | T 09:45, 11 August 2005 (UTC)
My first attempt at a rudimentary user page. Harvey Heinz 18:56, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
Hello Harvey. The page looks great! Did you ever meet the great man himself? Best wishes, Robinh 20:54, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
- Hi Robin Yes. I've knew John personally for about 10 years. He has had a great influence on my work with magic squares. And we have collaborated on several projects. He lived about 3 hours away by car and ferry. Harvey Heinz 22:00, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
License tagging for Image:MinimumLinesT.png
Thanks for uploading Image:MinimumLinesT.png. Wikipedia gets thousands of images uploaded every day, and in order to verify that the images can be legally used on Wikipedia, the source and copyright status must be indicated. Images need to have an image tag applied to the image description page indicating the copyright status of the image. This uniform and easy-to-understand method of indicating the license status allows potential re-users of the images to know what they are allowed to do with the images.
For more information on using images, see the following pages:
This is an automated notice by OrphanBot. If you need help on selecting a tag to use, or in adding the tag to the image description, feel free to post a message at Wikipedia:Media copyright questions. 23:08, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
Image:MinimumLinesT.png listed for deletion
An image or media file that you uploaded or altered, Image:MinimumLinesT.png, has been listed at Wikipedia:Images and media for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. BigrTex 19:31, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
Image:MinimumLines.png listed for deletion
An image or media file that you uploaded or altered, Image:MinimumLines.png, has been listed at Wikipedia:Images and media for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. BigrTex 19:32, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- magic-squares.net: Linksearch en (https) - meta - de - fr - simple - wikt:en - wikt:fr • MER-C Cross-wiki • Reports: Links on en - COIBot - COIBot-Local • Discussions: tracked - advanced • COIBot-Local - COIBot-XWiki - Wikipedia: en - fr - de • Google: search • meta • Domain: domaintools • AboutUs.org • DomainsDB.net • Alexa • OnSameHost • WhosOnMyServer.com • Live link: http://www.magic-squares.net
Welcome to Wikipedia. Although everyone is welcome to contribute constructively to the encyclopedia, one or more of the external links you added do not comply with our guidelines for external links and have been removed. Wikipedia is not a collection of links; nor should it be used for advertising or promotion, and doing so is contrary to the goals of this project. Since Wikipedia uses nofollow tags, external links do not alter search engine rankings. If you feel the link should be added to the article, please discuss it on the article's talk page before reinserting it. Please take a look at the welcome page to learn more about contributing to this encyclopedia. Thank you.
If you are affiliated with some of the people, places or things you have written about on Wikipedia, you may have a conflict of interest. In keeping with Wikipedia's neutral point of view policy, edits where there is a conflict of interest, or where such a conflict might reasonably be inferred from the tone of the edit and the proximity of the editor to the subject, are strongly discouraged. If you have a conflict of interest, you should avoid or exercise great caution when:
- editing or creating articles related to you, your organization, or its competitors, as well as projects and products they are involved with;
- participating in deletion discussions about articles related to your organization or its competitors; and
- linking to the Wikipedia article or website of your organization in other articles (see Wikipedia:Spam).
For information on how to contribute to Wikipedia when you have conflict of interest, please see our frequently asked questions for organizations. For more details about what, exactly, constitutes a conflict of interest, please see our conflict of interest guidelines. Thank you.
This does not mean that your links are spam, but the way you are adding them etc. and your affiliation with the links should discourage strongly that you link to them yourself. I see you also edit documents, and I would certainly encourage you to continue with that. Thanks. --Dirk Beetstra T C 08:33, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
I have read your comments (above) and reviewed several of the articles you link to i.e Wikipedia:External_links and Wikipedia:spam but still do not see why the links to my page are not permissable. I post them so the reader can obtain more information on the subject-at-hand. I get no monetary reward for bringing people to my pages. I simply love the subject of magic hypercubes (and recreational math in general), and wish to pass that on to others.
I still say, this whole episode started simply because I was modifying a link that had been posted in these pages some years ago, but was no longer valid!
Dear Honorable Harvey Heinz;
please take a look at
- project talk:WikiProject Spam#ein Schildbürgerstreich
- MediaWiki talk:Spam-blacklist#please take a look at project talk:WikiProject Spam#ein Schildbürgerstreich
- user talk:Robinh#needing your help